2 Minute Read
Auckland, New Zealand is our first international stop of the trip after our road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway. We’ll spend a quick 48 hours in Auckland’s city center before another flight to Wellington, our home base for our time in New Zealand. Auckland offers something for everyone – adventurous hikes, parks and waterfront scenes, theatre, history and tons of instagram-worthy food for the foodies.
We’re sticking to free or cheap things to do in the city, with a few fun places to eat along the way.
Things to See/Do:
In addition to taking this self-guided walking tour of downtown Auckland, we’re hoping to see these sites.
As always, it seems like the list of places to eat and drink is longer than the amount of time we have allotted. Luckily, that just gives us plenty of options to choose from like:
- Little & Friday, Albert Park Cafe or The Federal Delicatessen for breakfast
- Food Truck Garage, 16 Tun or The Crab Shack for lunch or dinner
- Giapo Ice Cream for a sweet treat
- Brothers Beer for a local brew
What We’re Budgeting – For Two People
- Flights: $0.00 (we’ve included this as part of our one-way flights budget instead)
- Accommodations via Airbnb: $300.00 (special note, if you’d like to try Airbnb for yourself, use this link to get $40 off your first stay)
- Food/Drink: $125.00
- Attractions/Entertainment: $100.00
Have you ever been to Auckland? Give us your recommendations in the comments.